Author
Topic: 1937 $20 Bill, new here would like to know whats the value  (Read 12751 times)
Cridledawn
« on: April 06, 2010, 03:59:12 pm »

I am a cashier and handle money on a daily basis and came across this old bill a few years ago, I was wondering if any one can tell me the value of it. Since then I have aquired a few oldies but nothing like this. Any info would be helpful, thanks!
Cridledawn
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:05:53 pm »

heres the picture...
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 04:07:40 pm »

The three main factors to determining your note's value are condition, condition, and condition.  If it has more than a few folds, it will be worth only a few dollars over face value.  If it looks nice (meaning it is not heavily soiled or stained and there are no penmarks or obvious tears), that would enhance the overall value, but value is mainly determined by how worn it is.  The only way it could be really beaten up and still be worth a fair bit is if the signatures are Osborne-Towers.  That's the rarest signature combination.  All other signature combinations are common.

If you need more information, please post the serial number (and lettered prefix) plus the signature combination.  A picture would help too.

No hay banda  
Cridledawn
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 04:21:13 pm »

Thanks I have tried uploading a picture but its not working but heres some info
serial number K over E 0437367
looks to be signed by Coyne/Towers
Ottawa Jan 2, 1937
Thanks again, I've always wondered about this bill
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 06:32:51 pm »

Welcome to the forums! If your note is beat up but not in rags it is worth $25 by the book (Charlton Standard Catalogue Canadian Government Paper Money 22nd Edition).

While the book says that value.... You maybe hard pressed to find someone that will take your note at that price. Most people that really collect these notes prefer really nice condition.

But if you're just collecting for fun then who cares! =)

Login with username, password and session length