Author
Topic: New Charlton Canadian "Chartered" Bank Notes Catalogue (7th Edition, 2011)  (Read 6209 times)
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector

I purchased a copy of the new 7th Edition (2011) of the classic Charlton Standard Catalogue of Canadian "Chartered" Bank Notes on eBay last week. It arrived yesterday and I spent much of the afternoon perusing it. It is a truly magnificent work that is absolutely essential to any collector of this material. The catalogue prices of scarce and rare notes have been increased across the board to bring them into line with current market values and recent auction realizations and in many cases these increases are very significant indeed (many notes have been increased in value by two, three or more times relative to the 6th Edition). In addition, as usual, there is a lot of new and valuable research information in the new edition.

The retail price printed on the back cover is CDN$99.95 and that's exactly what I paid for my copy on eBay (plus $18.00 Expedited Parcel Shipping).  This book receives my very highest recommendation.

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency

Just wondering if anyone else out there has received their copy of this book. With Canada Post on strike I have not gotten my copy yet and was hoping someone could list the catalog value of the following note.
1913 Royal Bank $50 signed Neil in Fine and VF.
{http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3642/191350lg.jpg:http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3642/191350lg.th.jpg}

Thanks in advance

Jason
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:54:31 am by BWJM »

KC's Canadian Currency
Bob

Fine is $2,100; VF is $3,300

Collecting Canadian since 1955
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency

Thank you very much Bob