Author
Topic: $10 BTG Changeover ???  (Read 4774 times)
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« on: June 11, 2007, 06:47:31 pm »

There is a general feeling among Canadian paper money pundits that we may shortly see a $10 Journey
changeover starting with the BTG prefix.  This will either be a 2006 or 2007 year changeover.

The BTF prefix has been seen as far back as June 2006 in cities across Canada.  As such, we would have
expected to see the BTG prefix by now.  The highest BTF prefix seen to date is an unconfirmed SNR in the
8.880M - 8.881M range found in Sherbrooke, Quebec.  No BTF prefix has been reported in the 9 million range.

It is predicted that the BTG will not only be a year changeover but will probably also incorporate the new
lacquered paper that is seen on the security upgraded $5 notes.  Some feel that this new changeover
note will be seen before the end of the summer.

Anybody want to add their comments to this theory..............  ???
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 07:01:20 pm by canada-banknotes »

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:58:00 pm »

WOW!!!!

We sure have a lot of predictions here....  :o

I am curious where the information regarding the varnish being extended to another denomination came from.....  ???

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 11:36:03 pm »

Sounds plausable X.
Better than mine. I'd almost think he would also include the embedded microchip tracking chips under the mettalic strip starting at BTF 9.00M appearing first in Sudbury which leads to the new definition of Unc with zero fresh tracking data on chip. And that's after we'd be figured how to read it and interpreted. Bricks would be blank 0000's then Tracking how many times the note gone thru an ATM, Money counter, Vending machine etc.
Perhaps with a microscopic video camera so I would recommend those who like to spread thier bricks all over the floor to keep your clothes on. My prognostication will not win me the crystal ball award thats for sure.  ;D

You support CB's theory?

Dei Gratia with a lab coat on, mon.
PD

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 03:24:20 am »

I Totally agree about the changeover.... This will occur for the $5 Notes as well....

I think we will see the $5 Changeover at either AOZ or APA....

As for the $10 to receive the Varnish Paper I feel this is a stretch.... This is a first time with the $5 Notes and the Bank of Canada will want to study the results of these notes and determine if the extra money they have spent of this technology is worth it (In terms of lifespan of the notes). This means it will take about a year before they will even LOOK at the results.... So that would put us at November 2007.... Then another 6 months to make a decision (Typical Government Process). So then that would put us in early 2008. So they decide to start using it then.... So we would see a changeover to 2008 Notes around July/August 2008 AT THE SOONEST.

By this time they are in full swing designing the new Bank Notes for the next series due out late 2010/early 2011 and they may decide to not bother with spending more money on the current series with the next series so close on the horizon.....  ???

This is how I feel.... By all means I may be WAY out to lunch but we must all remember that this is BUSINESS and it all leads back to the bottom line!!!!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 03:26:13 am by X-Savior »

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!

Login with username, password and session length